The Get Set 4 Autism project aims to provide post-diagnostic support to parents and carers of autistic children and young people across Argyll and Bute.
Get Set 4 Autism
In partnership with Autism Argyll and funded by The Big Lottery, our five year Get Set 4 Autism project aims to provide post-diagnostic support to parents and carers of autistic children and young people up to the age of 18 years old across Argyll and Bute. The project will promote a greater understanding of autism, improve communication between parents and professionals and ultimately equip parents with the information and practical skills they need to enable them to better support their child.
Families who are referred to the programme will have access to a network of support including our online support programme, Right Click, as well as further resources from Autism Argyll and other local bodies.
We are also delivering the Get Set 4 Autism programme nationally as part of the Scottish Government funded National Post Diagnostic Support Service. To access this please contact our Autism Advice Team, the referral form on this page is only for those wishing to access Get Set 4 Autism in Argyll and Bute.
How it works
- Parent or carer is referred to Get Set 4 Autism.
- Parent/carer is contacted by Autism Advisor and initial Zoom chat arranged by mutual agreement.
- Another three Zoom chats are provided over the following months at regular intervals.
- The parent/carer can undertake the five week Right Click programme with online support from an advisor.
How to access
There are two main ways that families can access the Get Set 4 Autism programme:
- Parents and carers can refer themselves to the programme.
- We can also accept referrals on behalf of families from professionals who are involved with them e.g. Paediatricians, Social Workers or Teachers.
Please note referrals are only accepted from families in Argyll and Bute whose child has been diagnosed recently with an Autism Spectrum Disorder.
To make a referral please complete the form to the right of this page.
For more information about the Get Set 4 Autism project, please contact us:
Or phone one of our Get Set 4 Autism Advisors on 07713 475174 or 07738 755326.