The Get Set 4 Autism project aims to provide post-diagnostic support to parents and carers of children and young people who have autism across Argyll and Bute.
Get Set 4 Autism
In partnership with Autism Argyll and funded by The Big Lottery, our five year Get Set 4 Autism project aims to provide post-diagnostic support to parents and carers of children and young people up to the age of 18 years old who have autism across Argyll and Bute. The project will promote a greater understanding of autism, improve communication between parents and professionals and ultimately equip parents with the information and practical skills they need to enable them to better support their child.
Families who are referred to the programme will have access to a network of support including our online support programme, Right Click, as well as further resources from Autism Argyll and other local bodies.
How it works
- Parent or carer is referred to Get Set 4 Autism.
- An initial home visit is agreed and a follow up visit arranged by mutual agreement between the parent/carer and the Autism Advisor.
- The parent/carer can undertake the five week Right Click programme with online support from an advisor.
- Between two and four further home visits are arranged by mutual agreement.
How to access
There are two main ways that families can access the Get Set 4 Autism programme:
- Parents and carers can refer themselves to the programme.
- We can also accept referrals on behalf of families from professionals who are involved with them e.g. Paediatricians, Social Workers or Teachers.
Please note referrals are only accepted from families in Argyll and Bute whose child has been diagnosed with an Autism Spectrum Disorder since February 2015.
To make a referral please complete the form to the right of this page.
For more information about the Get Set 4 Autism project, please contact us:
Or phone one of our Get Set 4 Autism Advisors on 07713 475174 or 07738 755326.