Our Vision, Mission and Values
A world where autistic people are understood and enabled to lead meaningful and fulfilling lives as valued members of the community
To enable autistic people to lead happy, healthy and fulfilling lives.
We work with others and value their opinions
We work with each other and our service users with care and kindness
We never stand still, we move positively forward always focused on quality and being the best
We love what we do, we never lose sight of our purpose and the difference we make in society.
What constitutes “enabled” from the point of view of our principal stakeholders?
A) Service Users
- Opportunities to exercise informed choices, through education and experiences
- Engagement in their own lifestyle
B) Parents and Carers
- Quality of life for the child
- Quality of the parent or carer’s own life
- Shared experiences with other families and carers
- Education, advice, and “How to” guidance
- Access to support
- Engage with the autism community
- Establish support networks
C) Commissioners (such as Social Work and Education departments)
- Maximise benefits to all with learning disabilities within each annual budget
- Partnership working
- Making the overall business case for greater budgets
The key concepts underpinning our mission are inclusion, potential, citizenship, individualism, progression, responsibility and leadership.