Target Audience: Autistic individuals and families (18+)
This is a guided support and discussion group that uses guided mindfulness meditation and group conversation as a basis for stress recovery and improving relaxation and wellbeing. Using a set of easy-to-learn practices, we will create our own safe space and a community where participants are welcome to share and listen to each other’s thinking, stories and experiences.
- Themed sessions on various topics like challenges, gratitude and inspiration.
- Share your own and hear about other people’s experiences.
- No previous experience in groups necessary and no obligations to join in.
- Respond rather than react to stress.
- Cultivate self-awareness and empowerment.
- Explore your identity in relation with autism.
- Speak with honesty.
- Slow the pace.
- Listen carefully to yourself and each other.
- Respect your own and others' viewpoints.
- Instead of competing or challenging, build on what was said.
- Confidential group - please do not reveal the identities of the other participants.
- Join in as many sessions as you like, the more the better!
- The sessions will run via Zoom, you will need a computer or device with good Wi-Fi.
- Cameras and microphones are preferred.
- Email support with facilitator during the series.
- Based on the Autism Dialogue Approach™
Autism Dialogue is an inclusive, safe and confidential space that brings together members of the autism community including autistic people and families. Within the space there is an attempt to reach a common understanding and to experience everyone’s point of view fully, equally and nonjudgmentally.
Jonny Drury is an experienced group facilitator, meditator and coach-mentor. He encourages mindfulness meditation as part of a whole system of self-care and personal and professional development.
This Mindful Autism Support Group is part of our Winter Connections project to allow the autistic community to stay connected through the winter months. Meditation and group conversation is great for your wellbeing and helps focus the mind. If you find yourself alone or isolated during lockdown and want a way to connect with others then join the group.
How to book
Time: 1.00pm - 2.30pm
Date: 25th February 2021
Location: Online (This session will be delivered via Zoom)
These groups will take place on the following dates (click for more info & to register):