The National Autistic Society (2008)
Summary of focus
Survey report resulting from The National Society campaign to bring attention to the needs of adults on the autism spectrum if they are to be meaningfully included in society. Addresses issues such as housing, employment, friendships and relationships.
Outcomes & Conclusions
A survey of National Autistic Society members in Scotland aimed at identifying issues for adults on the autism spectrum.
7 recommendations made:
- The Scottish Government should ensure local authorities implement “The Same as You?”
- Establishment of local data bases
- Produce and promote guidance for commissioners
- Guidance on how local authorities should bridge the gap between learning disability and mental health services
- Staff training particularly for those conducting needs assessments
- Training for social care staff
- Clear routes to assessment for people on the spectrum